Year Round Volunteers
Can’t make it in April?
We need skilled volunteers to help us with our year round Home Modification and Emergency Services programs, which provide accessibility improvements to people with limited mobility and restore emergency needs. These projects can include: building or repairing wheelchair ramps, stairs, decks and handrails; installing grab bars, and modifying bathrooms and kitchens to increase accessibility; emergency plumbing or electrical repairs; emergency heat restoration, including window and door replacements. These projects ensure that our neighbors can stay safe and independent in their homes. Check out our current volunteer project needs below:
Current Volunteer Opportunities
CONTACT HANNA HILL IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP – firstname.lastname@example.org or call (253) 238-0977
- Assess roof leaking through vent in bathroom and into closet.
- Install new door locks, repair a broken outlet in the kitchen, replace the bedroom ceiling light, and assess kitchen hood vent, replace the bathroom fan, install tub corners.
- Frame in a bathroom window, install a bathroom fan, weatherstripping and attach a lock to the kitchen window.
- Install three windows.
University Place Repairs:
- Replace tub faucet, repair water damage to bathroom floor, install tub corners, install grab bar in shower, install a new threshold for door.
- Replace kitchen faucet knobs; replace outlet box in master bedroom.
- Replace inside components of toilet, repair master bathroom tub and shower; assess not working furnace.
- Install tile on concrete shower floor to prevent further cracking; weather strip back door.
- Repair furnace; replace damaged flooring in the bathroom and daughters bedroom; install weather stripping on front door; replace cracked window.
- Repair leaking front porch roof, repair water damage to porch, put rolled roofing on back porch.
- Replace a cracked tub with a walk in tub/shower.
Bonney Lake Repairs:
- Replace rolled roofing on front steps; caulk bathtub; install two grab bars in the bathroom, replace a broken toilet seat; assess moss and debris on roof.
- Repair bathroom floor damaged by prior leak.
- Fix gap along sliding back door, install handrails along back steps, fix kitchen sink valves.
- Install handrails on the front porch and walkway, reattach interior main stair handrail, fix kitchen fan
- Install two grab bars and fix broken kitchen faucet.
** PLUMBERS, HVAC, ROOFERS, ELECTRICIANS ALWAYS NEEDED**
If you or anyone you know are interested in helping us reach our goals, please contact Hanna Hill at (253) 238-0977 or email@example.com. We can also use year round volunteers to help with administrative assistance, community outreach, and interviewing past homeowners, please contact us at 253-238-0977 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help.