Year Round Volunteers
Can’t make it in April?
We need skilled volunteers to help us with our year round Home Modification and Emergency Services programs, which provide accessibility improvements to people with limited mobility and restore emergency needs. These projects can include: building or repairing wheelchair ramps, stairs, decks and handrails; installing grab bars, and modifying bathrooms and kitchens to increase accessibility; emergency plumbing or electrical repairs; emergency heat restoration, including window and door replacements. These projects ensure that our neighbors can stay safe and independent in their homes. Check out our current volunteer project needs below:
Current Volunteer Opportunities
CONTACT CHUCK CHRISTIAN IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP – firstname.lastname@example.org or call (253) 238-0977
JOIN US FOR OUR PROJECT DAYS!
- October 27 and November 10th
Continue to watch website for our next Volunteer Orientation
- Paint new siding on 2 sides of 2 story home.
- Replace decking on ramp, repair deck and step, replace 10 door knobs with levers
- Replace damaged flooring in the bathroom and bedroom, install weather stripping on front door.
- Install sheet vinyl flooring in hallway bathroom.
- Replace 2 plugs and 1 breaker, replace kitchen faucet, install 2 grab bars in main bathroom, adjust sliding glass door rollers, build 3×3 porch and stairs.
- Demo tub/shower, remove water damage.
Federal Way Repairs:
- Replace water damaged kitchen floor.
- Spray insulation in roof cavity, hang paneling on ceiling.
- Repair large deck, replace 3×3 porch.
- Install tub/shower and surround in master bathroom.
CAN’T VOLUNTEER FOR A PROJECT DAY?
HELP US WITH HOME EVALUATIONS THIS FALL TO PREPARE FOR REBUILDING DAY 2019!
** PLUMBERS, HVAC, ROOFERS, ELECTRICIANS ALWAYS NEEDED**
If you or anyone you know are interested in helping us reach our goals, please contact Chuck Christian at (253) 238-0977 or email@example.com. We can also use year round volunteers to help with administrative assistance, community outreach, and interviewing past homeowners, please contact us at 253-238-0977 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help.