City of Tacoma Home Repair Program
Rebuilding Together South Sound will begin offering the Home Repair Program in the City of Tacoma on July 5th. Applications will need to be filled out for all requests, including current clients of MDC’s Home Repair Program. Our intent is to offer a program very similar to that of MDC. You are welcome to download the application below and mail it before July 5th, understanding that you will not receive a call to schedule an assessment until after July 5th. Assessment appointments will be made on a First Come, First Served basis so it may take a little time to call each applicant once we begin.
Frequently Asked Questions are below and we will update them as we receive more questions. You can find our application and our household income guidelines below.
Frequently Asked Questions about Home Repair Transition
- Will Rebuilding Together South Sound have volunteers do the work in the Home Repair Program?
Rebuilding Together South Sound will run the Home Repair program much like MDC did. We will have a paid contractor (or subcontractor for larger work) performing repairs and maintenance.
- Am I going to have to reapply if I have been a current customer of MDC’s Home Repair Program?
Yes, as with MDC, you will need to apply each year you request to have work done.
- What services are eligible services under your program?
We intend to offer the same services that MDC has been offering under our program.
- What are the eligibility criteria (City, income, etc.)?
To be eligible, you must own your home, live in the City of Tacoma and have a household income that fits within HUD guidelines (click here to find income guidelines).
- What is the maximum amount of assistance offered?
As with MDC’s program, the maximum amount of assistance for Minor Home Repair is $500. The maximum amount of assistance for Moderate Home Repair is $5,000.
- Will you be doing Moderate Home Repair and what will that involve?
We will be doing Moderate Home Repair and it will be accessed through the same application.
- How will I be able to apply?
You can apply by calling our office and requesting an application or by clicking here and downloading our application ().
- Is there assistance with completing the application?
Yes, you can call our office if you need assistance.
- How long does it take to process my application?
July 5th we will begin processing applications. We don’t know how long it will take to get through the applications that come in before that. Applicants will receive a postcard letting them know that we have received the application and will receive status updates once we begin processing in July.
- Will you be able to address emergency needs?
We intend to address emergency needs along the same
- Who do I contact at Rebuilding Together South Sound and when can I start making contact?
We will not start processing applications until July, but you can call 253.238.0977 and request an application before that with the understanding that you will not receive a call for an assessment until July. After July 5th, we should be able to take your calls on MDC’s current Home Repair number, 253.591.7020.